- Some adapters might allow the user to plug in the card “rotated” which is wrong!
Please understand that this wrong connection of the card will result in short circuits - probably destroying the Vampire and the Amiga.
- There are some 3rd-party adapters on the market (e.g. Kipper2K's) that does not meet our safety guidelines and can damage both your V500 and your Amiga.
- Please be aware that problems caused by Amiga 2000 CPU slot adapters are not covered under warranty.
- A500 installation info: for proper connectivity Kickstart chip might need to be removed (so that both CPU and Kickstart slot are empty)
- On V500 board revisions earlier than 2.2 it is still possible to connect Ethernet module using I/O Expansion socket and Dupont jumper wires (male-to-female) using GOLD2.9 and higher only. Do NOT use it on earlier cores because of pinout differences.
IDE 44-pin: Please note, there is power on the IDE-44 port. Wrong placement on this plug can destroy the device. More info >>
- Please note that not all mice and keyboards might work. Here is the list of compatible Peripherals >>
* V500 core is currently in developmental stage. Features are subject to change and might come and go.
a) Performance is application-dependent. See Benchmarks >>
b) Functionality varies between different TV/monitor models. Please make sure the display is able to show V500 modes first.
c) Speed boost depends on the device PIO mode support.